WRITER'S MEME: Sometimes it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of the top five favorite fics you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
1) Little Secrets. My largest and, by far, the most polished work of fanfiction. This story has been slowly developed in bits and pieces since I was around 12. This entire project has been a labor of love for me, a valentine to both the original films and to SR. I'm probably as excited as everyone else when a new chapter begins. This is the fanfic I'm the most proud of.
2) All's Fair in Love, War, and the Front Page. Being about to go ten years beyond the current LS-verse and write the twins (who started out as teens in my intial drafts way back when) for 12 Days was so much fun and very eye-opening. I've always loved the twins, but to be able to show what's changed with the Family Kent was a great experience. Can't wait to get to Heirs.
3) Toy Soldiers. Now here's a fic of mine no one knows. It was a La Femme Nikita fic that ran about twenty chapters. It was the story of a girl who was induced into Section One in a bit of the same way as Nikita had been, only a bit more brutually. Imagine being trained as an anti-terrorist Op from 15, completely against your will. Imagine more being the secret daughter of Madeline, Section One's second-in-command, a secret you're not even aware of. The joint material of Michael and Simone, she quickly rose through the ranks, making level four Op in three years. Until Simone died and she was seperated from Michael. And thus her saga begins... OH, THE ANGST!
4) Christmas with the Kents. The very first little peek into the world of LS if all works out for the better. The entire project was a lot of fun, coming as it did at a point in LS that was particularly dark. I can't even narrow down my favorite scenes.
5) If It's Meant To Be... Part One of a two-parter for 12 Days. Again, such a happy time in their lives while darkness surrounds LS. Post-LS Kal-El and Lois is always a treat. And the addition of Bagel was a last-minute decision. And a bit of trivia! ;)