- So we got the little boy beagle home on Saturday and he seems more than a little happy to be here. And Vixen and Anita are trying to play with him, although they're bigger and he's a little intimidated. Kala Bagel, however, is none too pleased to be sharing the love in this house. If you're never seen a beagle pout, let me tell you that it's a hilarious situation, although I feel terrible. She's so used to being the baby and loved by everyone that this likely totally screwed up her world-view. I'm trying to make sure the loves are even. But he's a sweet boy who'll look quite handsome when he gains back some of his weight, I think. It's going to be fun times until he gets established here.
- I'm still a nervous wreck about the awards, although I'm so buried in work that I'm not having a chance to check LJ as much as I'd like. And I'm not sure how I'd like it to go. I would love to win some awards, but I don't want to beat anyone out for them. I think that's my essential problem with Awards Season. That and the fact that some people seem to think I win because of popularity and not the quality of our work. Sounds like a Catch-22 to me. *sigh*
- All manners of crazy is going on at my job. We're losing people as soon as we hire them lately. Which means that the old-timers are having to step up their game even more just to get us out the door at night. I'm back at being right around full-time again, although it means trying to get my job in Harmon done plus helping out in the main part of the store at the end of the night. It's not that I mind doing it, but trying to make sure that two department are cleaned to the best of my ability is running me pretty ragged. Not to mention that I'm not being able to finish all of Harmon most nights. It's obviously not a concern for them in any way, shape, or form. I just need to stoip caring at all, but it just isn't the way I was raised.
- I'm tired. Just flat-out exhausted. I just took four days last month, but I need a break. Like a week-long break. I need to just sleep in and forget about everything that I need to do for a while. Just write and veg. Unfortunately, it's going to be October before that can happen.
- I've been an AWFUL LJ friend lately. I'm still reading everyone's posts, I'm absolutely still here, but I'm not getting a chance to check my email as much right now. Mostly because I'm coming home from work late and just passing out long before I'm used to sleeping. I love you guys and I want you to know that I'm still around. Hopefully when the summer slows down and I can get more time off, I'll be replying in real-time instead of two days after the fact. I miss you guys so much it hurts! *snugs her F-List*
- Anissa's birthday presents have been purchased and I hope she loves them. None are anything she asked for, but they're things I know she'll love. There's also going to be a delivery at her job on Friday. :D I am excited about that.
Mi Vida Loca
No one is going to be thrilled with this announcement, but I feel it's necessary after a discussion that was had earlier this evening. Neither of us…
So, yeah. No update this week. All of the events of this week just have done nothing for inspiration. It's been a mess. Not enough sleep, not…
Serious update is serious. Well, all, we're going to miss a deadline this week, most likely. My father-in-law is going to be going in for…