The Ups and Downs of the Week
- Things have been weirder than ever at the job this week, especially after one employee just walked out after a meeting with the boss. Tempers have been very short and you can literally feel the heat of anger in the store each day. Then again, that might be because they're not using the A/C, the cheapskates. :P Not a happy place, is my job.
- We went to see Up over the weekend. I've never been so happy that Anissa talked me into going to see something. The movie was a joy from moment one. The beginning just ruined me, though. I wish I had been spoilered because romantic little me cried over and over at times throughout. And I had to convince Anissa that she couldn't take the herd of dogs home. Then we watched Wall-E the next night and I hate that I took so long to see it. The voices of EVE and Wall-E just slay me with the cute. Pixar, please never compromise the quality of your work. Everything you do is love. <3
- Starting to track down another copy of the KCOP edit of Superman: The Movie. I used to have a copy years ago, but it got lost in one of the moves from one room to another, and I've felt the need to get another one just because I miss the deleted scenes. Yes, there is still more lost footage out there, more than we had in the Extended Edition that came out a couple of years ago. Surprisingly enough, there's still footage on both that and SII: DC that still haven't seen the light of day in any edition (although one of them turns me beet-red every time I think of it *blush*). I think I love it as much as I do because of the little details like a scene actually showing the Native Americans living out there near the San Andreas Fault.
- I'm slowly catching up to the F-List, just simply because staying at work after 11 and not sleeping well lately because of the heat and humidity do not a happy Lois make. If I haven't been hanging out as much and haven't replied to your comment or email, it's not that I'm not going to. It's just that I haven't gotten there yet.
- After a bumpy few moments since February's last break to meet Ms. Kidder, Lois is finally going to take a four-day break to go to Orlando and stay at the Hyatt Regency to recharge her batteries from the 13th to the 17th. I have no plans for the trip but to sleep late, rest, and write. The money is going to be tight because of this, but I need the break. I timed it just right, too, since I put in for it just before they announced a huge bridal event on 14th that would have made my nine hour shift likely go on for eleven. On a Sunday. I would have hung myself in the back of Harmon. Period.
- I am so damn excited for everyone to see this week's chapter. This has been literally YEARS in the making and we can't wait to get into the meat of this story now. The excitement over here at KLK headquarters (*LOL*) has been building for months. And we're just getting started. I really hope all of you readers enjoy the ride. I'm also talking to januaried about putting out the fanmix to this Act out early, before it's over, so you can listen in concert to the writing. Although no liner-notes because I don't want to spoil everyone.
- I'm fighting with the WMM again, trying to see if I can make another video. I can't wait until I can get the new computer and Sony Vega. I so dream of making a video that I can be absolutely happy with. *pokes WMM in irritation*
- I am SOOOOOO sleeping late tomorrow. Period. *makes face*
- I need to catch up on the Clark meme. I just keep being pushed back every time I get caught up.