The rules are that for 8 days you have to post something that made you happy that day. Tag 8 people to do the same.
Day 1 - Three things from yesterday that stood out from the mess:
1) Got the first five gifts on my list. One of which should make Anissa very happy.
2) Made januaried happy with a little gift
3) Finding this pic again:
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends! Try not to be lame and spoil the fun! If you get tagged, copy this entire survey and paste into your own blog, change all of the answers so that they apply to you. Then visit the profiles of some of your friends and “Tag” them by simply leaving a comment, asking them to visit your blog, and state that they have been tagged! The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known! Some of you may get tagged several times, so they can always refer back to your blog for your answers.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 1:00 PM. We have to go buy a tree today! YAY!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls - I don't go in for diamonds at all. It's like owning cut glass for me and the price is just too obscene. I'm much rather have a quartz crystal ring or necklace.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D.
4.What is your favorite TV show? I'm one of those random people that only watches one network show, that being Smallville, but I'm so addicted to Ghost Hunters and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimeran.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Ummm. Breakfast usually comes late around here. When I do have it, it's usually a bagel and coffee.
6. What is your middle name? Elizabeth.
7. . What food do you dislike? There's plenty. The main ones are mayonnaise, onions, peppers, and stroganoff of any sort.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Same as Mom, as most of my music is burned to my comp. And I have to stay that it's a struggle between VAST and Britney's Circus.
9. What kind of car do you drive? A silver Ford Escort. About ten years old and a monster amount of miles. We'll likely drive it until it's dead.
10. Favorite sandwich? Thin-sliced turkey and dill havarti.
11. What characteristic do you despise? Falseness.
12. Favourite item of clothing? A toss-up between my amazing burgundy Norma Kamali button-up and my twelve-year-old beaten-to-a-pulp and graying out VtM t-shirt that I bought for my first day of high school.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Toronto. Natch. If a second location was allowed, Italy.
14. Favourite brand of clothing? Prada and Gaultier. Affording it? TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY!
15. Where would you retire to? Europe. If that's not possible, Asheville. (which is the plan, anyway, since we'll be up there at some point.)
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? All of them are memorable, but the past two years have been good to me. Disney in the off-season for my birthday last year and the Baby Bagel the year before that.
17. Favourite sport to watch? If I watch, it's usually gymnastics or ice-skating.
18. Furthest place you are “tagging” this? Not sure.
19. Person you expect to send it back first? *shrugs*
20. When is your birthday? December 11.
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night. Like 'bedtime at 5:00 AM' night.
22. What is your shoe size? 9 1/2
23. Pets? Three dogs: Vixen, the shiba inu/chow chow mix; Anita Faith, the rottweiler/pit bull terrier mix; and Kala Bagel, the beagle.
24. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us? Ummm, we're still working on Heirs? I don't know that I'm all that exciting these days.
25. What did you want to be when you were little? The life-long dream was to be an actress. Then I discovered that I have zero chance to out-whatever any one in Hollywood. Then I wanted to be an FBI agent. I just kind of fell into the writer thing because I'd always been able to do it.
26. How are you today? Nervous about an order I took yesterday, but more excited about the tree shopping. If Anissa and her dad get back in time.
27. What is your favourite candy? Symphony bar with toffee and almonds. After that, Godiva pumpkin truffles.
28. What is your favourite flower? Orchids
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? December 24. I'm always off on Christmas Eve because the store closes early and my availability makes it silly to only work for two hours. That and Anissa and I always have a big Mediterranean feast when she gets back from Mass (she goes with her Mom, who is Catholic.)
30. What’s your full name? Lois Holly Elizabeth Joos (nope, I'm not Catholic, either)
31. What are you listening to right now? The rattle of my keyboard. No music on just yet.
32. What was the last thing you ate? Pierogies with two vegan chik'n patties last night for dinner. I think I'm going to make a bagel in a minute.
33. Do you wish on stars? Always. As long as there are stars, I'll wish on them.
34. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Crimson. *LOL* Like any of you are surprised!
35. How is the weather right now? Slight overcast and blah. I want NC and snow back nao plz?
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? I haven't yet, but I need to call my Mom to let her know I'll be over to visit Monday.
37. Favourite soft drink? Mountain Dew, followed by Jones sodas. I'll drink almost any of them.
38. Favourite restaurant? Casbah.
39. Real hair colour? Very, very dark brown.
40. What was your favourite toy as a child? A stuffed dutch blue bunny I named Bun-Bun. I was about six at the time.
41. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
42. Chocolate or Vanilla? VANILLA!
43. Coffee or tea? Coffee, but I do love me some hot teas.
44. Do you want your friends to email you back? They can, but I don't think we sent it up this way.
45. When was the last time you cried? After following the link in bistyboo1974's LJ to libba_bray's post about the truth of Santa and that little loss of innocence it causes. Myself, I was told by my parents after a certain age. I remember crying a little, but telling my mom I was going to believe in him, anyway. And do you know, I have no kids, but I still put out a plate of cookies at Mom's every year. And every year, they're eaten by the time I wake up or come over? *hugs her parents*
46. What is under your bed? A long box that contains Anissa's art supplies.
47. What did you do last night? Came home from work, made dinner, showered, worked on both of our current assignments, had a long talk with Anissa, watched a little bit of a movie, and an episode of Bizarre Foods.
48. What are you afraid of? The dark, spiders, and being forgotten.
49. Salty or sweet? Sweet.
50. How many keys on your key ring? 3.
51. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
52. If you can choose your talent, what would it be? Artistic ability. I'd kill to be able to draw or paint. At all.
53. Do you make friends easily? Usually, but I don't seem to have that many lasting friendship. Eventually, everyone seems to leave.
54. How many people will you tag this to? Ummm...whoever wants it?
55. How many will respond? Gacking Mom's answer: Anyone with some free time and nothing better to do -- like me! :)