The Great LJ Movie Quote Meme (As Seen On *Everyone's* Journal)
The A. Pick 15 of your favorite movies. B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie. C. Post the quotes in your journal. D. Have those on your friends list try to guess what the movie is. E. Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified and place the guesser's user name directly after the quote.
1) I'm not even supposed to be here! Dante to everyone, Clerks. Guessed by chickadilly
2) I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. Harry Burns to Sally Albright, When Harry Met Sally. Guessed by chickadilly
3) *Everything*! Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for *you*! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous? Jareth the Goblin King to Sarah Williams, Labyrinth Guessed by chickadilly
4) How poignant it will be on that inevitable night, when she shows up on my door in tears and rags! Miserable and lonely, repentant and contrite! Shall I take her in, or hurl her to the wolves? Give her kindness, or the treatment she deserves? Will I take her back, or THROW THE BAGGAGE OUT? Well, I'm a most forgiving man. The sort who never could, ever would, take a position and staunchly never budge. A *most* forgiving man... But, I shall NEVER take her back! If she were crawling on her KNEES! Let her promise to atone, let her shiver, let her moan, I'll slam the door and let the hellcat FREEZE! Marry Freddy! HA! Henry Higgin on the subject of Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady. Guessed by sasusc
5) And don't fall down 'cause you're just going to have to get up again! Lois Lane to Clark Kent/Superman, Superman II: The Donner Cut. guessed by trekkie6
6) Mmm... Murdered by pirates, heart turned out and eaten, meet Victoria... I can't quite decide which sounds more fun... Yvaine to Tristan, Stardust. Guessed by chickadilly
7) Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me. Prince Dracula to Mina Harker, Bram Stoker's Dracula. Guessed by anissa7118and partly guessed by sasusc
8) You know, I used to be in the music business, but now I'm what you might call retired. It's a refined name for bum.
9) A movie! That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie. Becky to Annie Reed, Sleepless In Seattle Guessed by chickadilly
10) Death before dishonor. Besides, have you tried running in one of these things? It's a real bitch.
11) Paulie, listen to me ok, because I'm going to say this once and never, ever again. I will never love anyone the way that I love you. Never. You know that, and I know that, and I will die knowing that, ok? But it just can never... it just can never, ever, forever be. Do you understand? It just can never, ever, forever be.
12) That's not dancing. That's kicking her knickers up. And I bet if you asked her to, she'd kick her knickers off. Shannon Christie, Far and Away. Guessed by bistyboo1974
13) You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son. Kal-El to Jason, Superman Returns. guessed by quirky_circe and chickadilly
14) I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. 'Red' Redding narrating the ending of The Shawshank Redemption. Guessed by sasusc
15) In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan. Ralphie, on his father the Furnace Fighter, A Christmas Story (which we will be watching this evening) Guessed by alphielj and ellalou73